The weekend has arrived! Arachnophobes and ’philes alike will get a kick out the live animal exhibition Spiders Alive! See 20 species of live arachnids, get a close up view in the live spider presentations, and hop up on the climbable trapdoor spider. Learn more.
This week you may have missed:
- Read the first dispatch from the Museum’s fossil-finding expedition in Inner Mongolia.
- The sewellel is a “living fossil.”
- This illustration of a two-toed sloth is anatomically correct, but the behavior is all wrong.
- A time-lapse Vine video of the Museum’s Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda.
- The Hayden Planetarium wished Hayden Panettiere a happy birthday.
- Shark Facts!
Have a great weekend!